Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tip: Decorate with Magazine Art

My walls have been bare since I moved into my apartment two months ago. The bathroom was nearly close to being just how I wanted it decorated minus one blank wall. I've been starring at the empty wall knowing something is missing but not able to figure out what. With other rooms to decorate, purchasing wall art for a small space in my bathroom has been the furthest thing from my mind.

Going through a recent Real Simple magazine I saw a gorgeous flower arrangement and thought this would be lovely on my empty bathroom wall. I purchased two Dollar Tree frames and my bathroom wall was transformed with just two dollars.

To achieve my results I kept a few things in mind, keep the frames simple and stick with the same color pattern. This gives it a rich feel. The matting used in just one of the frames creates a different look, adds an interesting element to an otherwise ordinary yellow floral arrangement and brightens the dark picture. I'm happy with my results and hope this helps with your decorating endeavors.



1 comment: