Friday, May 4, 2012

Peanut Butter Banana Cupcakes


This recipe is absolutely one of my favorite desserts. This recipe is moist and the banana and peanut butter are surprisingly not overpowering. The inspiration came from a fabulous muffin I tasted in Austin. I then embarked on a journey to get ideas to work into my own from the web. I started with a recipe I saw on kevinandamanda.com and made my changes. Like all my recipes, tweak the ingredients for your taste buds.

Ingredients: 
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 package of banana cream pudding
1 c. sour cream
1 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 large banana 

Frosting Ingredients:
1/2 c peanut butter
1 8oz package of softened cream cheese
1 cup powder sugar (add more or less to your taste)
1 stick of softened unsalted butter
1/4 c of milk (add more for creamier frosting)

Makes about 24 cupcakes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pan with your choice of cupcake wrappers. Mix ingredients for cupcakes with a mixer until smooth and fill each liner 3/4 full. Bake cupcakes for about ten to fifteen minutes or until tops are golden brown.

In a separate bowl combine frosting ingredients and stir until smooth and creamy. I like a creamier frosting so I tend to add a little more milk. I also don't use quite as much powdered sugar. Frost the cupcakes when they are cooled. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment