Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chicago Restaurant Week

Every year the city holds a week of restaurant deals called Restaurant Week. For an entire week, participating restaurants (usually the more pricey ones) host specials that allow Chicagoans a chance to try something new at a discounted price. My boyfriend and I decided to try out a place named Carnivale; eclectic in food, drinks and atmosphere.

I started the meal with the most amazing coconut mojito. It looked like coconut milk but tasted incredible. The mint leaves really compliment the tropical fruit. I would go back to this restaurant just for the drinks. During the course of the rest meal, I tried their fish tacos, black bean soup (AMAZING), and pork adobo. The pork dish was served with rice, plantain chutney and pea shoots.

Overall the meal was really good. I wasn't in love with the pork dish but it was a nice change to step our of my box and try something new. Although I must say my boyfriend loved the way the pork shoulder was cooked. Other than the drinks, I most enjoyed the circus color atmosphere. It was a fun place and a great location for drinks out or special occasion dinner.



I wish I had pictures. Here's one I found online.

No comments:

Post a Comment