Thursday, August 4, 2011

Where Have our Manners Gone?

I have lived many places and come across many different people yet I have never seen the lack of manners that I have experienced lately. I'm not sure if it's the region or city I'm in, but it really is upsetting. No one says bless you when you cough, excuse me when they bump you, or really holds the door for a woman anymore. Is it because we are a less social people with all our technology? Or is it perhaps that parents now days just aren't instilling the same values as parents used to?

I don't know what the cause is, but it's scary to know my future children will come up in this society. All I can do is rear my children the best I can and teach them what my parents taught me. I can't account for the rest of the world but I can just do my part.

I challenge you this week... Everyday do one selfless thing for another person. Whether it's letting someone in front of you in traffic, or offering to help someone that's carrying a full load. It will at least make you feel good knowing that however small, you did something positive in a stranger's life. And you never know the impact if could have in that person's life that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment